Graduate students should address questions about processes and procedures to the graduate coordinators of the College and the professional schools. Academic and research specific questions should be addressed to faculty advisors. Please stay in regular communication with your advisors as this situation develops, particularly if you are concerned about your grades. Your advisor will be able to provide the most direct and specific guidance about your options, which may include taking an Incomplete in required degree courses or switching to credit/no credit courses that do not fulfill degree requirements.
Additional information about research, grading, and exams, as well as guidelines and protocols for GTAs, GRAs, GAs, and student hourlies, can be found on the Graduate Studies website, which is being developed as a hub of information and campus communications that may be useful to graduate students as they navigate this semester.
Advising for international graduate students regarding their immigration status, travel, and housing is available via the office of International Support Services. ISS is regularly updating their FAQ page for students, which features guidelines for what students should do if they suspect they have COVID-19, information about online learning, considerations for staying or leaving Lawrence, and answers to other general questions as well as links to additional resources.
Undergraduate Academic Advising
We know this is an important time of year for students to meet with their academic advisors. Advising offices are still open during business hours but are operating remotely. Advisors can be contacted via phone or email. Students should check their KU email for updates from their advisors.
Need to schedule an advising appointment? Visit Jayhawk GPS. Advisors are typically conducting advising appointments via phone or video conversation. If you do not have the ability to schedule an appointment via Jayhawk GPS, please contact your advising unit directly using the information below.
Preparing for your advising appointment
- Check your email. Some advisors are emailing lists of suggested classes. Given the fluid circumstances, it is imperative to check your email regularly for information from your advisor.
- Update your phone number in Enroll and Pay so that your advisor can contact you.
- Log into Enroll and Pay.
- Click Contact Details on the left side of your screen.
- Add and edit information as necessary.
- Jayhawk GPS Resources
- Viewing Holds: Assistance in seeing enrollment holds.
- Finding Your Class Schedule: Learn how to view your course schedule using the Jayhawk GPS Navigate Student mobile app.
- Accessing Campus Resources: How to find your quick access to campus resources through the Jayhawk GPS Navigate Student mobile app.
- Scheduling Appointment Instructions: Learn how to set up a time to meet with your advisor.
- Viewing Notes Instructions: Seeing notes from your past advising sessions.
- Run your Degree Progress Report. This shows you what classes you have completed.
- Log in to the myKU Portal with your KU online ID and password.
- Click the My Progress link from the left menu.
- Select the progress tab in the upper right-hand corner of the student information window.
- Available Courses for Spring 2021
- Academic Calendar
Architecture and Design
Laura Leonard | firstname.lastname@example.org
Charly Edmonds | email@example.com
College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
Morgan Swartzlander and Michaela Russell | firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Huggett| email@example.com
Sari Little | firstname.lastname@example.org
Journalism & Mass Communications
Jammie Johnson | email@example.com
W. Blake Wilson | firstname.lastname@example.org
KU Medical Center – Ph.D. and master’s
Marcia Jones | email@example.com
KU Medical Center – D.N.P.
Katharine Garrity | firstname.lastname@example.org
Amara Simons | email@example.com
Patti Steffan | firstname.lastname@example.org
Georgiana Spear | email@example.com
Undergraduate Advising Units and Centers
Undergraduate Advising Center
Serves students who are exploring their major options or those net yet admissible to the major of their choice.
College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Advising & Student Services
College Online Programs
School of Architecture & Design Advising
Design students: Contact Zac Shields at ZacShields@ku.edu or 785-864-2959
Interior & Architecture Design students or Architecture students: Contact Laura Leonard | firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Business – Student & Academic Services
School of Education - Advising
School of Engineering - Advising
School of Journalism - Advising
School of Music – Student Services
Contact Rita Riley at email@example.com or 785-864-2954
School of Pharmacy – Student Support
Contact Chris Claussen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-0098
School of Social Welfare - Advising
Contact Vicki Mignot at email@example.com or 785-864-8976